Monday 29 August 2016

Gillespie for reviving his career

At that time, he was what I needed. I was a bit raw, and struggling with my action," Plunkett said. "I thought it was all about technical. But it wasn't - it was just about backing myself.
"When I went there, that was what he picked up straightaway. He does other stuff with different people, but he knew what I wanted. He just said to me 'bowl fast', and he backed me. With that came confidence and performance."
"Whenever you have a bad spell he is always there patting you on the back and saying no worries mate you can change the game next spell. I take my hat off to him, I owe him quite a bit.
"I'm obviously gutted - because he was good for me, and good for the team. It's a tough decision that he's made. But I want to thank him - he's been great for me. He's brought me back to playing for England. So I wish him the best, and look forward to catching up when I get back to Yorkshire."
Yorkshire have gone out of both limited-overs competitions - the T20 Blast and Royal London Cup - at the semi-final stage over the last two weekends but a hat-trick of County Championship titles remains in view as they sit second in the table, five points behind leaders Middlesex.
"I hope we can make it three this year in the Championship," Plunkett said. "That would be a nice note to leave on. I'm sure there will be quite a few people trying to get that job

No comments:

Post a Comment